Estimated Reading Time for This Post: 2 minutes, 10 seconds; approximately 436 words.
Online marketing is one of the most important things that you can do to benefit your business. However, while most business owners know that they need to engage in online marketing, many are still unsure of what the best practices are.
The following are some quick tips to help you improve your brand’s visibility. All of these are relatively easy to implement on your own. However, if you don’t have the time or are simply struggling, it may be time to hire a professional Internet marketing agency to help you get on the right track!
5 Quick Tips for Better Branding Online
- Web Design – Your web design says a lot about you. Using color, placement of text, and high quality images, you can really draw in your audience to read more about what it is you do.
- Linking – Linking still rules the web. Aim to get more links pointed at you than the other way around. Search engines look favorably on websites that have high quality links from credible sources pointing at them. Think CNN, Forbes, .edu and .org websites. You should aim to build meaningful relationships with reputable sources on the web so that you can have higher quality URLs pointed back at your site. This also helps to build your credibility as a reputable source of information and expertise in your industry.
- Social Media – Social media is a key factor in the brand visibility equation. At the very least, you should establish accounts with some of the top social media sites, such as: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, and even Pinterest and Instagram.
- Call to Action (CTA) – Does your website have a clear call-to-action (CTA)? Some businesses make the mistake of hitting people over the head with their CTA every chance they get. However, this is a mistake. If you have a rocking website design and have carefully crafted quality content on your site, you won’t need to pepper CTA’s all over a single webpage. One to two mentions is more than enough on a given page of content.
- Unique Selling Proposition (USP) – Following in line with your CTA is your unique selling proposition (USP). What makes your business/website so much better and/or different than your competitors? Why should folks stick around on your website or visit your physical location? Before you can even think about how to execute your brand’s increased visibility, you must first sit down and think about what makes your brand/business “special”. Figure this out, and the rest will be gravy.
For more information about improving your branding or building a comprehensive online marketing campaign, contact C0MPLÉX1 today by calling: 919-926-8733.